A Defense Lawyer Providing Skilled Criminal Defense Representation
In a career spanning more than a quarter century, Napa County criminal defense attorney Matthew C. Bishop has tried criminal cases ranging from gang-related homicide to drunk driving.
The fact is that if you or someone you love is facing criminal charges, your defense lawyer may be the only thing standing between you and serious penalties. You need an attorney who will stand up against the prosecution. The prosecutor has to prove every part of his or her case beyond a reasonable doubt. Through careful preparation and an aggressive approach in and out of the courtroom, Matt will hold the prosecutor to this burden of proof.
History Of Aggressive Defense In Criminal Cases
The successful results we have obtained in criminal trials include:
- People v. Gaylord: Matt earned a not guilty jury verdict for a Vietnam veteran alleged to have had a blood alcohol level of .30.
- People v. Loomis: Matt obtained a not guilty verdict for a bartender who allegedly served a minor in the presence of two undercover Alcoholic Beverage Control officers. The beer bottle, a key piece of evidence in this case, is framed and on display in Matt's waiting room.
- People v. Johnson: Matt's client was accused of felony domestic violence, facing 20 years in prison upon conviction. Following a 9-day trial, the jury returned with a verdict of not guilty.
The Criminal Defense Representation We Provide
Matt defends people across Napa County and beyond against every type of felony or misdemeanor accusation, including:
- DUI and drunk driving charges
- Drug crimes
- Domestic violence
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Gang-related charges
Whatever charge you face, Matt will investigate fully and prepare the strongest possible case for trial.
The Trial Experience You Need When Facing The Fight Of Your Life
While Matt will negotiate with prosecutors when it is in your best interests, he will not hesitate to try a case when prosecutors will not be reasonable. As part of the preparation process, he conducts mock trials, working with people both inside and outside the legal community. These mock trials are critical in preparing strong arguments that are likely to make sense with real jurors. All in all, every step we take in your case will be aimed at achieving the best possible result, whether an acquittal at trial, a dismissal of the charges before trial or a plea agreement.
Contact The Law Offices Of Matthew C. Bishop, Inc.
Based in Napa, Matt represents clients across Napa County, Solano County and Northern California. Call 707.258.8090 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation. Spanish translation services are available.